A: I hear you’ve got a painter in the family. That’s great!
B: To be sure. My elder brother makes a living out of it.
A: Does he do portraits, landscapes or still-life?
B: ***그건 완전 다른 분야라구.*** He does walls, ceilings and floors.
해설강의 : 태인영, John Valentine
|A: 너네 가족 중에 페인터가 있다며. 멋진걸!
B: 그래, 있지. 우리 형 직업이 그래.
A: 초상화를 그리시니, 아니면 풍경, 혹은 정물?
B: That’s a whole other arena. 우리 형은 벽이랑, 천장, 그리고 바닥을 칠하는 페인트 공이라구.
*I hear you’ve got a painter in the family.
– I’ve heard that someone in your family is a painter.
– That’s really fantastic! / That’s a stupendous thing! / I’m very impressed!
*To be sure.
– Absolutely. / No doubt about it. / That’s a fact. / Of course.
*makes a living out of it
– earns money doing that / does that for a living / made that his occupation
*Does he do portraits, landscapes or still-life?
– What kinds of paintings does he do?
*That’s a whole other arena.
– That’s something completely different. / That’s a very different genre.
*He does walls, ceilings and floors.
– He paints home interiors. / He is more of a home interior painter.